Every Girl Deservers a Bel-Aire Wedding
16 – 9 Months Before
- Decide on a wedding date
- Work out your budget.
- Pick your wedding party.
- Reserve your date and venues.
- Book Church/Officiant
- Research photographers, bands, florists, and caterers.
8 Months Before
- Hire the photographer and the videographer.
- Book the entertainment.
- Meet caterers.
- Purchase a dress.
- Reserve a block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests.
- Register for gifts
7 – 6 Months Before
- Select and purchase invitations.
- Start planning a honeymoon.
- Shop for bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Purchase a dress.
- Meet with the officiant.
- Book a florist.
- Arrange transportation.
- Start composing a day-of timeline.
5 – 4 Months Before
- Book the rehearsal and rehearsal-dinner venues.
- Check on the wedding invitations.
- Select and order the cake.
- Send your guest list to the host of your shower.
- Purchase wedding shoes and start dress fittings.
- Schedule hair and makeup artists.
- Choose your music.
3 Months Before
- Finalize the menu and flowers.
- Order favors, if desired.
- Make a list of the people giving toasts.
- Finalize the readings.
- Finalize the order of the ceremony and the reception.
- Print menu cards, if you like, as well as programs.
- Purchase the rings.
- Send your event schedule to the vendors.
2 Months Before
- Touch base again with all the vendors.
- Meet with the photographer.
- Review the playlist with the band or deejay.
- Send out the invitations.
- Submit a newspaper wedding announcement.
- Enjoy a bachelorette party.
1 Month Before
- Enter RSVPs into your guest-list database.
- Get your marriage license.
- Mail the rehearsal-dinner invitations.
- Visit the dressmaker for (with luck!) your last dress fitting.
- Stock the bar.
- Send out as many final payments as you can.
- Confirm times for hair and makeup and all vendors.
- E-mail and print directions for drivers of transport vehicles.
- Assign seating.
- Purchase bridesmaids’ gifts.
- Write vows, if necessary.
- Get your hair cut and colored, if desired.
Week of the Wedding
- Reconfirm arrival times with vendors.
- Delegate small wedding-day tasks.
- Send a timeline to the bridal party.
- Pick up your dress.
- Check in one last time with the photographer.
- Set aside checks for the vendors.
- Send the final guest list to the caterer and all venues hosting your wedding-related events.
- Break in your shoes.
- Assemble and distribute the welcome baskets.
- Pack for your honeymoon.